Facilities Manager is responsible for monitoring, and assisting as needed; their
portfolios community repair and maintenance operations. This includes but not limited to contract
management, environmental management, safety compliance, and O & M / CDMP
agreement compliance. Will also assist
Project Directors as needed with large scale projects that may occur with their
Work is performed in an office environment as well as in the field at multiple installations and residential properties. Employee frequently interacts directly with Vice President, Regional Property Managers, Project Directors / Managers, Construction and Renovation representatives, contracted vendors, military leadership, Housing Managers, Compliance Officers, community management and other staff members during the workday. Employee regularly must travel between communities within assigned region.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for providing management oversight for several functions which may include daily operations, financial reporting, training and development of employees, and customer service to an assigned team comprised of multiple Facilities Managers, Maintenance & Turn Supervisors, and Service Managers within their portfolio.
2. Builds and develops a team of highly motivated, skilled and productive professionals to drive company operational goals.
3. Monitors all operational policies and recommends changes to improve overall functionality of business.
4. Responsible for monitoring financial and operational findings for region and collaborating with Project Directors and Senior Management to ensure maintenance team obtains the best prices for hired services who provide reliable, consistent and superior services.
5. Partners with both military executives and the project management team to audit and improve maintenance and repair initiatives and goals.
6. Creates and communicates all maintenance policies and procedures as well as sets standards of performance for region.
7. Responsible for monitoring regular physical property inspections throughout assigned region to ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of all assets.
8. Responsible for forecasting maintenance needs and instituting an effective time management program for all personnel to ensure resident satisfaction and project completion goals are met.
9. Responsible for all training, safety, health, risk management and environmental programs within assigned portfolio. To include but not limited to:
· Hazcom Program / SDS binders
· Hazardous waste / universal waste storage and disposal programs
· Documentation of mandatory safety training (SHRM quarterly log and Box.Com reports)
· Zero Harm Advisory Committee meeting documentation
· Site storm water inspections and documentation
· LBP risk assessments and LBP visual inspections (site specific)
· Radon inspections and testing of mitigation systems (site specific)
Associate’s degree required plus five (5) years of supervisory experience in Facilities Management or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Highly recommended that they possess Universal H.V.A.C. certification. Should have a strong background and understanding of electrical, plumbing, and structural systems. Have the ability to read blueprints, prepare and initiate contracts. Possess strong understanding of budget process. Must have valid state driver’s license.