The Marketing Manager is responsible for the development of company-wide marketing programs and policies which enhance the Company's brand. This position also partners with property operations to ensure efficient management and execution of marketing and advertising initiatives for both stabilized communities and communities undergoing lease-up and renovation.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's marketing function and performance to help enhance the Company brand.
- Manages the marketing strategy and execution for stabilized communities and communities under lease-up and renovation to ensure the performance and financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Partners with property operations and external vendors to implement creative marketing and advertising strategies that adhere to budgeted guidelines, including the use of internet, print, lateral, referrals, signage, outreach marketing, event marketing, and other tactics, and s the appropriate marketing techniques based on resident profile and market conditions.
- Provides additional and in-depth marketing support to under-performing communities by analyzing the current traffic and leasing performance, troubleshooting and identifying factors contributing to the performance, developing and implementing aggressive marketing, advertising, pricing and promotional campaigns, and closely following up and monitoring results.
- Facilitates the marketing set-up and transition of acquisitions and/or dispositions.
- Oversees online reputation sites, designs creative campaigns to boost reputation scores, synthesizes data to publish quarterly reputation report.
- Develops all marketing campaigns including mobile marketing, SEO, SEM, print and online advertising.
- Creates marketing materials, flyers, brochures, e-blasts, and promotional items.
- Examines Google analytics and advertising performance and make recommendations for ad source improvements.
- Manages corporate and property-level social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Craigslist, online forums, and blogs.
- Gathers and
maintains a master library where all property assets are housed in one location. Coordinates and edits property
photography as needed.
Conducts periodic quality control checks - website audits, social and reputation audits and provides recommendation to the teams.
- Produces quarterly corporate newsletter and writes press releases.
- Researches new products and services and assists with the pilot of new systems and programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience as a specialist in Marketing.
- Experience in real estate, with multi-family strongly preferred.
- Ability to identify/implement process improvement and employ strategies which maximize team member adoption.
- Strong understanding of marketing fundamentals and channels such as branding, display and search advertising, email marketing, social media, reputation management, signage, outreach and event marketing.
- Demonstrated search engine marketing experience including search engine optimization, local search and pay per click advertising.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility.
- Organizational skills to enable effective management of multiple, shifting priorities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment.
- Strong internet, mobile and social media aptitude. Knowledge and understanding of Google Analytics.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Basic knowledge of and WordPress.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager Software and Rent Café is a plus.
- 4-year BA/BS degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Media Studies or equivalent experience required.